About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Friday, September 17, 2010

7 Quick Takes for 9/17/10

Click on over to check it out, and say hello to Jen. (You know, I have to admit that sounds strange to me. I've never met Jen, we aren't bloggy buddies. I have just visited her blog on various occassions, and really liked what she had to say.)


1. I just talked to my sister, Jody Blue. GUESS WHAT?!?? She and her friend Barb are flying out to visit me! They are staying for a whole week too. Oh boy are we going to have fun!


2. We started classes this week. I didn't realize how much support just being around all of those other homeschoolers provides my psyche. Although it takes a big chunk out of our week, it is very much worth the effort at this point in the game.


3. Remember when I first moved here, and met some really nice ladies at the Catholic Homeschool Group? Guess what? I think they like me. Many of them I can call friend. They are such wonderful ladies, so full of wisdom, love and knowledge. I feel so blessed God led me to their group.


4. As I sit here typing, I hear the rain falling outside. I'd better start taking some vitamin D. If the rainy season has already begun, it could be awhile before I see my friend, Mr. Golden Sun. Oh, how I miss him when the cloudy skies prevail here in the Pacific Northwest.


5. Today the kiddos and I went to visit another family from the Catholic Homeschool Group. They live about an hour away. Even with the rain, it was such a beautiful drive. Sitting on the distant hills, the clouds, scattered here and there, were gathered in smoky clusters. While the evergreens were standing at attention, tall and majestic. It seemed as if Puget Sound kept peaking out from around each corner. God's glorious creation makes up for the rain. (Most of the time.)


6. It has become abundantly clear we are ready to move on to a whole new world of homeschooling. It is time for me to make up a lesson plan on the weekend, and then let The General and Princess learn to be responsible for getting their work done without my prompts. Sounds easy enough, right? What it takes is me giving up the micro managing control of day to day business. It also means that I need to get organized with a schedule on a weekly, rather than daily basis. Yikes. I have to admit this new phase is scary.


7. Last night we enjoyed a stop at Cold Stone Creamery ice cream before bed. It gave me such a tummy ache. So why did I just eat a piece of chocolate cake at this hour? Ugh, I'll never learn.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun with the ladies!!

    We have also had to move to a lesson plan year this year. Not too much, but enough.

    Sitting on the distant hills, the clouds, scattered here and there, were gathered in smoky clusters. While the evergreens were standing at attention, tall and majestic. It seemed as if Puget Sound kept peaking out from around each corner. God's glorious creation makes up for the rain.

    How pretty, Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've always done daily lessons, but I think I need to give up more for them to be responsible.

    It was very pretty. I kept thinking that God was blessing me with the vision, since I miss summer so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 THAT WAS SO SO MUCH FUN!
    #3 Whats not to like about you?!? Our visit only solidified that thought.
    #4 I think I need to come back and experience a bit of your rainy season, we were however VERY thankful for the gorgeous sunshine while we here there!
    #7 Has to be genetic.

    ReplyDelete