My oldest has recently been working on stop-frame animation. He is a history buff, and currently WWII is his passion. Check out his video, he's so excited to have his first posting on YouTube.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Throughout my life I have been blessed with God's tender care. Whenever there is a trial, He sends someone to hold my hand.This year that someone was my friend T. Mr. Nomad wasn't able to celebrate Thanksgiving Day with us, so T. and her family graciously stepped in. (Even though they are Canadian, so it really isn't their holiday.)This was our first time sharing a meal together. From the looks of our spread, I think we make a good team. What a feast! I'm so thankful to have a table laden with yummy treats, and even more grateful to have had friends to share in that celebration.
Ahhh. . . .contentment fills my heart as I write this Thanksgiving weekend.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
One time I asked my very wise and loving Grandma B, "What was your favorite stage in your life?"
She didn't even hesitate with her answer, "When my children were young and at home."
From that time on Mr. Nomad and I realized this fact: Although these days can be exhausting, these are the good ole days. We are making the memories that will sustain us in our twilight years.
What do you think is the best stage of life?
Monday, November 15, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
You may have noticed that my postings are even more sparse than normal. See those three beautiful children at the top of the page? This is a season they are needing their momma more than normal, so not so much spare time on the computer for me these days. (Although today has been a guilty pleasure.)
To honor the fast approaching Thanksgiving holiday, I'd like to share my top 10 blessings. I invite you to join me. Feel free to share your blessings in the comment section, or leave a link to your blog in the comments.
Tami's Top 10 Blessings
10) Chocolate peanut butter cup cookies, yum.
9) Sunshine after the rain.
8) Modern technology. I remember the days of outrageous phone bills, and am so grateful it is affordable to stay connected.
7) Mount Rainier. It always fills me with awe when I see it peeking out of the clouds.
6) My home. I know I can survive in less, but I am so grateful to have a pretty house to call home.
5) A wonderful church and a safe neighborhood for my children.
4) Friends. My military friends have been more like family over the years. I cannot imagine life without any of you.
3) Extended family. Let me tell you that is a lot, with my funky family tree.
2) My family. Growing up I always wanted to be a mommy. Here I am, living my dream.
1) My faith in God. Without that belief, and Him at my center, I am nothing.
May you all be able to seek out the blessings in your life and thank God. When I focus on what I have, instead of what I am missing in my life, the journey is so much sweeter.