1. I love summer. For a while, I thought it was the laziness of summer I loved. Yet when I consider my summer days, they are anything but lazy. With 3 kiddos, golf lessons, ballet classes, scouts, baseball & hockey camps we have our fair share of running around. What I realized is this: Summer days are not as scheduled, which leaves room for projects that I don't get to when we are in the thick of schooling. That is what I enjoy. Warm weather, and doing what I WANT instead of what I HAVE to do.
2. One of those projects was painting my master bath. I'm still deciding if I like the color. Mr. Nomad said I can repaint if I don't like it. Unless I hate it, there will be no repainting. I like things to look good, but I don't need perfection. Seriously, what mother has the time to re-do work?
3. While painting I remembered why I waited so long to do this project. Bubby LOVES to paint. He kept trying to "help." I was smart this time, and put my foot down. Some crazy person suggested letting your kiddos help you. The theory was the children would paint a few minutes, get bored, and want to g0 do their own thing. Thus leaving you free to paint, alone. Fat chance. I know one day I will be happy and proud of their tenacity, but chasing them around with wet paint brushes doesn't bring out the best in me.
4. Mary over at Hope Echoes is moving. She may not have Internet for 2 weeks, and is thinking of turning off her comments. This is disturbing. I know I'm not here every day, and I don't plan my day around blogging. . . But, when I do have time to check in, it is always comforting to know Mary's daily postings are there. No Hope Echoes for TWO WHOLE WEEKS? I'm a big girl, I'm sure I'll be fine.
5. My friend is moving. I'm sad. They are a family we really hit it off with when we moved here last fall. She is from my home state, Minnesota. They are Catholic, so we are able to worship together. They have 6 children, so everyone has a playmate. AND, she likes to knit. Who will be my friend now??
6. My friend K is in town this weekend. She is generally very busy doing the 5 gazillion projects she is juggling, but I'm hopeful we'll get a little time to chat before and after all of her commitments.
7. K invited Mr. Nomad & I to join her at Zoobilee. It is a black tie event. Do you think I can get away with wearing a knee length cocktail dress with nice jewelry and sassy shoes? Who am I kidding? I could wear a garbage bag. It is overcast and chilly today, the only thing you'll see is my coat. Maybe I'll just accessorize the coat. . .
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. For those of you in the heat, stay cool and enjoy a dip in the pool for me.
Stop by and say hello to Jen at Conversion Diary. She so graciously hosts 7 Quick Takes each week.