About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sundays with the Nomads

A few Sundays ago when we came out of mass, the sun was shining brightly. It was a beautiful day. Now if you have lived in the Pacific Northwest for any amount of time, you know to take advantage of these moments of perfect weather. Which is exactly what the Nomads did.Mr. Nomad with our monkeys. That is the Washington State Capital in the background.

Someone at church told us we could find a bridge to watch salmon who are coming in to spawn. This brought us to the Capital Lake area for a little Sunday Stroll. I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding with the directions, we didn't find the salmon.








Which was okay. Our eyes were delighted with the sights of the boardwalk at Percival Landing. I thought this seagull had a great perch. Right up there by the flowers, with the marina in full view.

Then there was this cool statue honoring mothers. Of course I needed a photo with my munchkins. Oh, how fortunate I am to have them. Whenever I see pictures like this, I'm reminded that I am living my dream. As a little girl I always dreamed of being a mommy. Of course I also wanted to play in the NFL and be a lawyer, I'm glad this is the one that panned out. Now, not every Sunday here is bright and beautiful. This Sunday after mass we found ourselves scurrying quickly to the van, in valiant effort to stay dry. We were experiencing the rain for which this area is so well known. Sometimes you have to find beauty and happiness in other places. Last week we enjoyed the beauty of God's creation, and the wonders of man's engineering. This week, our joy came from the creativity of our little Nomads. Without further adieu, I bring to you the Nomad Children's Parade.

This is where they basically empty out their toy bins making various floats. Of course there is music, as the stuffed animals have different bands. Bubby found a broken microphone, and was the lead singer for the numbers. As you can see it was a lovely parade. I won't bore with its entirety (it lasted 1 1/2 hours), but it was a fun way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I'm a little ashamed to admit throughout the parade, I kept thinking, "I cannot believe they have everything out. We just spent two solid days, sorting and organizing. . .UGH!" Fortunately the side of me that celebrates their creativity won out over the neat mommy, and the very best treat came at the end. They actually cleaned everything up, putting all of their treasures back in their respective bins, tubs, boxes and place that has been designated its home. Now that my friends is a beautiful Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh don't you just love it when all the pink elephants on parade find their way home! I love the family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That's the part I missed with having 2 only children. Remember when we were kids, and we would play "statue maker" or act out fairy tales. We fed off the creativity of each other. How awesome to see it in the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back...just had another thought, your talent truly would have not reached its full potential if you had played football or been a lawyer. It has been so fun to watch your career as a Mama CEO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Now I'm bummed I never thot of a parade. Do you spose they'd come back for a day and do that? Oh...the toys are gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, yes that is the fun of having a brood in the house, albeit mine is just a wee one.
    Jody, you're right. I'm thinking I didn't quite bulk up enough to be a line-man for the Vikings. At least watching me stumble at times through this journey is amusing! Thanks for always being there to pick me up when I fall.
    Barb, you could always find some good garage sale finds, then you'd have them on hand for grandchildren one day. . .hmmm there's a thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete