1. The fish finally died. Fortunately we've worked through the hard part. No tears today. Now to find a place to plant him.
2. This is ballet recital weekend. Pictures tonight, rehearsal tomorrow, and recital on Sunday. The studio Princess takes lessons at is brilliant. Rather than the one recital that never ends, they do four short recitals in one day. The older dancers get a chance to show off their talent multiple times, and the younger students don't have to sit there all day. (Which really translates to this, I don't have to sit there all day! I mean little kids in dance costumes are cute. . . but not after a certain amount of time.)
3. This is also final tournament of the baseball season weekend. If things line up, there is a possibility The General may be playing his final game at the exact same time as Princess' dance recital. AGH! There is no way to be in two places at the exact same time, and it will be hard to miss the game. Recitals are once a year, I'm so sorry General. (Seriously, can you feel my momma guilt?)
4. Hawaii is only 1 1/2 weeks away. I have done very little to prepare. I still need a swimsuit, and to go through my closet and make sure I have the right clothes. This is a huge challenge. It is hard to imagine yourself in shorts and summer dresses when it is still only 50 degrees and raining most days. I can tell you this, I bet I'm the whitest gal on the beach!
5. My mother-in-law has viral pneumonia. This in and of itself is a concern, but add to it she and my FIL are our childcare while Mr. Nomad and I go to Hawaii. Please pray that she feels better soon. Not for me, but for her. I worry that she will push herself, not wanting to let us down.
6. Did I mention I am so very tired of the rain and cold? I wore my winter coat, jeans and gloves at the baseball game last night. . .WITH a blanket wrapped around me. The silver lining, I will appreciate the sun in Hawaii more?
7. I believe 4 is my new favorite age. I am completely smitten with Bubby. (I know I've said it before, but really he keeps getting better all the time.) In fact, I've told my mother-in-law she is not allowed to steal him when she leaves. Let me tell you, she's going to want to. Remember how I told you that came out a bit grumpy, and held on to that snarky tendency? Well, for the most part the snarky boy is gone. Left in place is a sweet little boy, who is loving and kind. He tells me I'm nice and very beautiful. Oh, how I love that boy.
That is 7, and I'm off to tackle Mount Washmore. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Remember, Jen over at Conversion Diary hosts 7 Quick Takes each Friday. Stop by and check it out.