About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Where, oh where have I been. . .

The girl starts a blog, posts a few entries and then. . .silence. I have a good excuse. Remember when I told you about our upcoming move? Well, I sort of did some house hunting on-line. I fell in love with a neighborhood and floor plan, which lead to the hair brained idea to build a house. We've built a home before, and afterward my husband vowed to NEVER do it again. You know what they say about saying never. . . .

So, this is what I've been up to.


This isn't the house I will live in, but it is what my house is going to look like. Only instead of a red front door, ours will match the shutters. I know, no front porch. . .but the kitchen inside makes up for it.





This is the cabinet color, with the granite counter top, the hardwood flooring & carpet we are going to use.


Here are the samples of the cabinet color with the vinyl flooring and counter top with back splash which will be in the kiddos bath & laundry room.


Isn't it going to beautiful? I'm gushing, not because I think I have such wonderful taste or am full of myself. Rather, my sister-in-law was kind enough to fly out to WA with me to do the planning. She is fabulous with decorating and designing. Considering the fact we had only 4 days in WA, with only 1 day at the design center I'm very pleased with the work we accomplished. I couldn't have done it without her.


See I have been busy, and my husband who NEVER wanted to build another house. . . He's just so good to me.

2 comments:

  1. You are right about the hardwood floor. it is "yummy"! Way too much fun, it will be so fun to see it all put together with you in it. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How EXCITING!! You lucky thing, you!

    ReplyDelete