About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

What am I most thankful for?

I've been pondering this question a lot. This is the season to give thanks. A time to take stock of those things we are most grateful for. A sort of inventory of our blessings, so to speak. I have so many things to thank God for, where do I even begin the list?
That is when my answer became crystal clear. I am most thankful for my faith. Without that firm foundation to stand upon, to face the trials and tribulations of this world, I would be lost. Miserable. Lonely. Without peace. Missing out on all of the love and grace that our Lord showers upon me each and everyday.
So on this Thanksgiving Day I want to take a moment and thank God for all of the people who have nourished my faith. Those who have led by quiet example. Those who have studied with me and challenged me to be better. Those who write inspiring words, and befriend me in the blog world. I pray God will continue to bless me with those who will enrich and deepen my faith. My faith in God. Yes, that is by far my greatest blessing.
What are you thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. My mind was racing, answering the question myself when I read your title. Friends? no, that's not it, family? hmmmm...and you hit the nail on the head. God's grace for bestowing all this to me. Without God's grace, I would not be able to see that I have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, ladies - the grace to know God is what I am most thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most thankful for everything God has given me.... I was thinking of this and everything God gives us we should be uber thankful for, yes my family and Faith is very important to but i think we should be most thankful for everythting God gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure the grace and blessings from God! That can be something has big as a new furnace when yours goes out or something as frivelous as a new tube of lipstick. Something as sweet as your little baby smiling sweetly and squealing, or something as aweful as your kids finding a big patch of mud in the yard and coverig themselves in it. The Good Lord is in it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason lately I have been most thankful for hot showers. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Thankful for so so much but for the here and now of this comment, its you I give thanks for. I love you sister of mine.

    ReplyDelete