1. It stinks only having one working computer in the house. My children use the computer for their schooling and as a treat. My husband uses the computer for business. Needless to say my blogging doesn't hit the top of the priority list.
2. Last weekend we had a lovely time in Leavenworth (I'll post about this in the next few days) but Bubby picked up a bad cold. I was quickly reminded of what life is like without much sleep. Another reason I wasn't blog hopping this past week. When everyone was tucked in, I quickly followed suit.
3. My mom and sisters are coming to visit. (Not Jody Blue--my other sisters. . .very long story. Maybe one day I'll share. Or maybe not?) Anyway, I'm torn. On the one hand I'm very excited to see them. My family doesn't travel, so this is truly a treat. I think the last time my one sister visited was almost 10 years ago when we lived in IL. My other sister and mom visited us about 7 years ago when we lived here before. The reason I'm nervous? Well, I know this may sound stupid, but I don't want them to think I'm a snob.
4. About the snob thing. Mr. Nomad and I LOVE our new home. We saved and sucked up a lot over the years to buy this home. However, now I find I am frequently embarrassed. I am working on this. Our home is a gift from God, and I shouldn't be ungrateful. Especially since we really do try to bless many others with our home. By having a roomier house, we have been able to host without it making Mr. Nomad overwhelmed and crazy. Then here comes the guilt again. . .should we have given more of our money to others instead?
5. I actually went to the doctor this week for an annual (or whenever you get to it) check up, complete with a mammogram. (I hadn't been to the doctor since my postpartum checkup after Bubby. . .oops.) Ladies it wasn't bad. Not a favorite activity, but nothing to fear. I brought along my knitting and some planners for schooling,and it was actually quite lovely to have almost uninterrupted moments. Do you think they would mind if I came back next week? I could get the rest of my planning done for this month.
If wimpy me can do this, so can you. They stressed how important it was to get a healthy baseline, so in the future if you have something weird in a mammogram they'll know what is going on. We all know early detection is the key to treatment with breast cancer. So go get smooshed. Stepping down from soapbox.
6. I started knitting a pair of socks. It feels good to knit again. I really missed it, or maybe I just really miss my friends back in DC who used to knit with me. While knitting is fun, it does cut into my computer time. Which is good, and bad.
7. After being gone from blogging for a week, I noticed that I have insecurities in bloggy land. I don't do the stat counters. For one they are too fancy, and I don't want to take the time to figure out how to use them. Two, it may hurt my feelings if no one stops by. Which in my insecure moment I wondered, "Did anybody even notice I've been gone?" See, we are all prone to the need to be loved and accepted. Even if by the virtual set. I know one thing, I missed you. Over the past week I kept wondering what funny comments or really good posts I was missing, and there were some good ones.
If you like to read more Quick Takes, stop by Conversion Diary.