About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reunited With an Old Friend

Well the non-temporary storage was delivered today.

Our base house is really small. When we moved here 3 years ago we had to put some of our things into storage. Whenever I thought of our stuff in storage, I only remembered my favorite living room furniture. It's dated, but oh so comfortable. I spent 2 months on bed rest during my first preganancy, so the couch and I have history. I was so excited to see it in good condition when they unwrapped it today. It does have a bit of a funky plastic smell from being wrapped up for 3 years, but I'm sure a good cleaning and airing out will solve the problem.

Now the strangest thing happened. They brought in the couch, then the love seat, next the chair, and then they just kept bringing boxes off the truck. I swear it must have multiplied over the years. Are storage boxes like rabbits?? I honestly did not remember putting that many things in storage. Then again I was only a few weeks post-partum when they packed us out last time.

So now we have plenty of seating in our living room. No room to walk around, but plenty of seating. I may even have to take a quick nap on the couch before the packers show up on Monday. It wouldn't be that I was lazy, or shirking my moving responsiblities. It would be for old times sake. I'd hate my good friend the comfy couch to feel slighted.

1 comment:

  1. You are a hoot! Yea you'd better grab a nap and your phone and the check book cuz you called me ALOT from that couch and if I remember right the phone bill was ALOT!

    ReplyDelete