About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hit the road Jack!

Well, we've hit the road and are on our way across country to our next duty station, McChord AFB, WA.

First of all thank you for all of the prayers and acts of kindness. Our last week in DC went smoothly. We were blessed with great packers, movers and our check out of base housing went well. It was another reminder God takes care of us, even in the little things. On loading day the skies were overcast all day, as the last boxes went on the truck the rain came down. Perfect timing.

Of course none of this would have gone so nicely if we did not have our wonderful neighbors. It was such a blessing to just let the big kiddos take Bubby off to the park to play, then one of them would come back alone. I'd ask, "Where is your little brother?" The reply would be, "Oh, he's playing with friends!" Yes, all the neighborhood moms & dads joined together to help watch our children, feed us delicious meals, and over all share their love. It really made a stressful week doable. I will be forever grateful to our Military Family. So to all of my ghetto fabulous neighbors, we love you and thank you more than words can say! God was so good to bless us with you the past few years.

On to our travels. . . we had a nice send off from DC with the cherry blossoms being at their peak. The Tidal Basin was beautiful as we drove by on our way out of town. The kiddos added a couple of states to their list yesterday, as we made our way through the mountains of West Virginia and into Ohio. Despite the howling winds yesterday, we have made good time. They have done a great job traveling, and we've made it to Springfield, IL. We plan to do some touring tomorrow. It will be nice to have a break from the driving for a day, and you know what a sucker I am for a good home schooling field trip!

Oh, one little downside. While fueling up in the backwoods of West Virginia, a faulty gas pump spewed gas all over my pants and shoes. Anyone have any tips for getting gas out of cotton cloth and leather shoes--while traveling without a covered open space to air them out? Jody, you may be getting me with stinky clothes. . . sorry. My kids are cute though, that should make up so some of it!

Until next time,
Tami

1 comment:

  1. I'll take you any way I can get you!!
    I'm so thankful you had a smooth send off.
    Grace is cleaning like a mad woman, love that girl, she is so helpful. A & W have found thier bedroom floors--wonders never cease to exsisit. Jon has been so helpful, I say the love dare is really paying off, but we both know he has always been like that!
    I have a couple of crafty fun things lined up to do with the troops. No I am not Miss Behavin. My goal is to be mobile when you are here.

    ReplyDelete