About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force wife and mother of three precious gifts from God. I enjoy learning at home with my children, and the many adventures this life sends our way. So stop by often to visit, and check out what the Five Nomads are up to.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Look's like we made it.

We are here in Washington. Our travels were uneventful on Thursday, just the way I like it. The kiddos are enjoying the space in our new house, and Mr. Nomad and I are still pinching ourselves thinking, "Is this really our house?"
The house turned out beautifully, so now we are busy making it our own. We've painted a Tinker Bell Green room for Princess. A pretty, oh I mean manly, blue for Bubby's room, and Mr. Nomad is putting the finishing touches on the Green Tea music room/den. We are still searching for the perfect tan for the rest of the house. We've been to Home Depot no less than 5 times in 4 days, and we have 6 paint colors on the wall. Still no luck. Our new neighbor has a promising lead. A friend recently painted the color I'm describing, and it turned out well. Say a prayer, I'm getting tired of looking at paint samples. (I know, I know, I didn't think it was possible!)
I promise I will get pictures posted to share, but right now we are just trying to get settled. Tomorrow our household goods arrive, so I may be gone unpacking for a few days. Oh the happiness I will be experiencing when I can cook. These long nomadic stints do that to me. Make me all domestic, appreciating the basics like good quality cookware and my kitchen gadgets.
I hope this finds you all doing well. Thanks for checking in on us, and more importantly for your prayers and words of encouragement. Your love and support are what make it easy for us to do these crazy military moves.
Well, I'm off to put Bubby to bed and seal the granite counter tops. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment